We’ll be reopening our barn doors for Easter weekend and we require a highly driven, energetic manager to lead our team of ‘scoopers’.
As our Parlour Manager you will be responsible for preparing and running the weekend shifts. While this job role is flexible, we expect our Parlour Manager to work on Saturday and Sunday shifts throughout the season (end of March through to September). As it is the Parlour Manager’s responsibility to have the parlour ready for weekend service, you will also be required to work two weekdays (preferably Friday and Monday however this is negotiable on interview). Our parlour also runs on Bank Holiday Mondays so extra hours will be earnt.
This is a varied job role that requires you to lead a team by example in setting exceptional customer service. The right candidate will love leading a team, be enthusiastic, vibrant, flexible and organised enough to keep their head when the queue is out the door!
General tasks include:
- Friday/Monday shifts: kitchen management (ice cream/wholesale ordering, stock rotation), preparing for the weekend shifts with relevant paperwork (maintaining and monitoring health and safety procedures, managing a monthly rota and cashing-in and preparing the daily floats) and a creative input with the Marketing department including successes and improvements that can be made to the parlour
- Saturday/Sunday shifts: hands-on food service position, leading a team and ensuring a successful shift.
- Leading and engaging the team on the day, giving guidance and training where needed during a shift
- Managing the parlour staff to ensure daily-tasks are completed to a high standard
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of weekend shifts to ensure a successful experience for all customers.
- Handing cash throughout the shift and cashing up at the end of the day
- Leading by example; always operating in a safe, secure & legal food manner
- Responding efficiently and professionally to any problems or customer complaints that arise on the day
At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant field and previous experience managing a team is a must. The right candidate will be able to offer excellent customer service consistently, have leadership skills and above all be a team player.
References will be required on interview.
Competitive salary based on experience.
If you think this is the right job for you, please send in your CV and relevant cover letter to us. Make sure to include what your fantasy ice cream flavour would be and why you would be a good fit for our growing company.