Despite its towering size, this Cookie Freakshake is the perfect creation for children to get involved with. Hand over the ice cream scoop and pass the kids the rolling pin to smash the cookie pieces, as even down at the farm the adults are fighting over making this freakshake up!
Like many freakshakes, you’re not restricted to the way you decorate your shake – so don’t feel you have to follow our exact recipe here. Our Marshfield Top Tip is pretty simple: create a thickshake base (3 scoops of ice cream to around-about 175ml of milk), and top the drink with an extra ball of ice cream to establish a solid base. On the farm, we’ve found no matter the flavour, toppings or glass shape, this basic recipe is a staple. Adjust accordingly as the glass gets larger, and keep testing out exciting flavour combinations and sweet toppings!
We’ve used our classic Vanilla Clotted Cream Ice Cream here, but why not try Cookies and Cream? We’ve also found our Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream makes an extra special, gooey chocolate base. So as the summer holidays approach, treat the kids with this indulgent treat and tag us in your creations across social media.
For a 12oz glass you will need:
- 4 scoops Vanilla Clotted Cream (or why not try our award-winning Cookies and Cream?)
- 150ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp. chocolate ganache
- lashings of whipped cream
- a handful of crushed biscuit pieces
- 2 large cookies
- a squeeze of chocolate sauce
- Blend milk with 2 scoops of ice cream until fully combined
- Spread ganache inside, and around the rim, of the glass
- Stick the crushed biscuits around the rim of the glass
- Pour your shake into the glass, leaving a 2cm gap at the top
- Place 1 scoop of ice cream on top of the shake. squirt your cream directly onto the ice cream ball as this will make a solid platform
- Create a cookie sandwich by sticking 2 whole cookies together with your final scoop of ice cream
- Pierce 2 straws through the ice cream ball in the milkshake and rest the cookie sandwich against the straws
- Decorate your Freakshake with chocolate sauce and serve.