We’re sure you’ve seen this crazy trend about – in fact, Freakshakes are so large they’d be pretty hard to miss!
To give you a quick low-down, Freakshakes came over from Australia a couple of years ago, and they’ve been getting bigger and better ever since. A Freakshake is a basic milkshake topped with slices of cake, waffles, cookies, sweets, pretzels, abundances on whipped cream and sweet sauces, the list goes on… but we’re sure as long as you have the ice cream and a little bit of creativity, you can make up this trend in your own kitchens!
Down on the farm we decided to try our hand at making a few of our own ridiculous recipes. Don’t be afraid to stray away from our instructions; raid your sweet cupboard and let the kids go wild in the shops to make the shakes as crazy as possible. We regularly update our Pinterest page with the best recipes we can find, click here for more whacky inspiration.
Find below our DIY: Donut Freakshake recipe using our own Vanilla Clotted Cream ice cream. After all, when life gives you ice cream, make some freaky freakshakes!
For a 12oz glass you will need:
- 3 scoops of Marshfield Farm Ice Cream
- 175ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp. melted chocolate
- lashings of whipped cream
- a handful of sprinkles
- 1 whole donut
- ring-shaped sweets (Haribo)
- marshmallow pieces
- 2 makado sticks
- a squeeze of strawberry sauce
- a squeeze of chocolate sauce
- For best results the night before you create your Freakshake, rim a glass with melted chocolate and stick sprinkles to the side of the glass. Leave in the fridge overnight to set
- When needed, blend the milk with 2 scoops of ice cream until fully combined
- Drizzle chocolate sauce around the inside of your glass
- Pour your shake into the glass, leaving a 2cm gap at the top of the glass
- Place your final scoop of ice cream into the glass and balance the donut directly on top
- Squirt whipped cream through the hole of the donut, allowing it to explode across the top
- Decorate with marshmallow skewers, 2 straws surrounded in sweets and makado sticks. Drizzle with strawberry sauce and serve.