You never need an excuse to make a cake – especially when the recipe is this simple! To celebration National Cake Week we’ve put together a Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake; all you’ll need is a 500ml pot of our Marshfield Farm Cookies and Cream ice cream, with a packet of biscuits (we’ve used Oreo to compliment the creaminess of the clotted cream ice cream base) and a glug of melted butter.
Top Tip: save your empty ice cream pots in the future as we’ve found they make the perfect mould for this easy frozen cake recipe!
Per individual cake as pictured
- 1 x 500ml of Marshfield Farm Cookies and Cream
- around 50g of melted butter
- 1 x packet of biscuits
- whipped cream
- hot fudge sauce
- an ice cream cookie sandwich
- Make the base by crushing your biscuit pieces in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin.
- Transfer your crumbs into a bowl and add melted butter until your crumbs are thoroughly coated and the biscuits begin to stick together.
- Press your biscuit base firmly into an empty ice cream pot to create an even layer (alternatively use a lined ramekin pot).
- Using a spoon or pallet knife, smooth your ice cream onto your crumble base. The trick is to work quickly to help avoid the ice cream melting as this could result in ice crystals forming when placed back into the freezer. Spread your ice cream evenly across your mould to form a thick layer (think cheesecake ratio!)
- Place your cake into the freezer for at least an hour to allow the ice cream to set in shape.
- When ready to serve, remove your ice cream cake from the mould and decorate with left-over biscuit pieces, or keep it simple with a squirt of whipped cream. Try your hand at a show stopping ice cream cake by topping your cake with meringue and using a blow torch to gently toast the meringue.