Did somebody say Pancake Day? We see your lemon and sugar and raise you a stack of fresh, fluffy pancakes with melted chocolate, fresh juicy raspberries, chocolate chips and our NEW Cookie Dough Ice Cream!
We’ve been perfecting our pancakes on the farm and can’t wait for you to try this recipe.
Marshfield Farm Top Tip
It’s all the preparation for this recipe! Whip up your mix in the morning and have your toppings ready to go. The quicker you can put these together the better – our ice cream will only stay frozen for so long on these freshly flipped pancakes!
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 140ml whole milk
- Handful of milk chocolate chips and cookie dough pieces (optional)
- Extra chocolate to melt/Nutella if prefered
- 3 scoops of Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- To make these pancakes extra fluffy, sperate the eggs before mixing, placing the yolks into one bowl and saving the egg whites in a separate bowl for later.
- Add your milk to the egg yolks and stir until combined.
- We’d recommend slowly adding your wet ingredients in stages to your dry ingredients – this will help whip out any lumps. In a large mixing bowl, gradually add your milk/egg yolks into your flour/baking powder and keep mixing until smooth.
- Whisk up your egg whites with a small pinch of salt, keep going until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold your egg whites into your batter mix – now your batter mix is ready to go!
- Warm up a non-stick pan on the hob over a medium heat. Always start with a ‘tester’ pancake to check the pan is at a good temperature, you’re aiming for the mix to turn golden and firm in about a minute.
- When you’re ready to start making your pancake order, simply pour a ladle-full of batter into the pan and leave until golden. Before you flip your pancake to cook the reverse, add a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Use a spatula to turn your pancake and as you get comfortable with the process flip away to your heart’s content!
- We’ve spread a layer of melted chocolate on each pancake before stacking high. As the layers build, add fresh raspberries for a hint of sweetness.
- Finally, finish your pancake stack with a hearty drizzle of melted chocolate and scoop three balls of ice cream on top of your tower. Use any left-over chocolate, raspberries and cookie dough chunks to decorate your scoops – serve and enjoy!