We love cake and you know we love ice cream, so this is the dream recipe for us. Throw in some lovely British soft fruits and you have a great dessert that all the family will love.
We recommend serving this dessert on a long summer’s afternoon, but why not switch up a children’s birthday cake with a layer of Cookies and Cream ice cream inbetween a chocolate brownie tray bake! We’d love to hear how you make you ice cream cake so tag us in your creations on Instagram and Facebook.
Marshfield Top Tip
Use a hot knife to cut around your cake to ease it out of loaf tin and to cut the sides of cake to create a professional finishing touch.
- 1 loaf tin cake, sliced horizontally into thirds
- 1 cup raspberries (6 ounces)
- 500ml tub vanilla ice cream, softened
- Slice your cake into three sections and place the bottom layer of you cake on a large piece of foil or in a loaf tin of equal size.
- Sprinkle half the raspberries over your slice cake. Take a warm scoop to your ice cream and spread evenly with your ice cream tub. Top this layer with your second slice and repeat with remaining raspberries and ice cream. We then decorate our loaf cake with a slather of icing sugar.
- Wrap your complete ice cream cake with foil and freeze at least 4 hours (or up to overnight).
- Remove the cake from your freezer about 20 minutes before serving. Serve your slice dusted with icing sugar and a scoop of ice cream!