Who wants a single small cookie when you can bake a GIANT one? Get the family involved with this show-stopping skillet cookie recipe. Made with easy ingredients found in the back of your cupboard, you’ll have this dessert mixed and baked in no time.
No skillet? No problem!
Find a shallow bottomed pan or tray for this bake that is suitable to go into the oven. A skillet pan works beautifully because it pairs as a serving dish, but it is not essential to this bake.
Marshfield Farm Top Tip
Made to share, this recipe can and should be tailored to your family’s tastebuds …
- Chocolate lover? Swirl a spoonful of nutella through the pan just before baking and pair with our Chocolate Fudge Brownie & Chocoholic Heaven Ice Creams.
- Celebrating? Mix in white chocolate chunks to the cookie mix and serve with scoops of Birthday Cake ice cream.
- Our recommendation? Rich Clotted Cream ice cream and a drizzle of toffee sauce. Simplicity doesn’t have to be boring after all!
- 175g unsalted butter, taken out of the fridge to soften
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of fine salt
- 200g chocolate chips (plus an extra handful to garnish!)
- Sweet dessert sauce to compliment your favourite ice cream flavours
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Once fully combined, beat in the egg and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Slowly sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the butter mixture and fold all the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle in your chocolate chips and give the mix one final stir.
- Spoon the dough into the dish and gently flatten until it is spread evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden. Half way through you bake, add a sprinkle of extra chocolate chips so they melt into the top of the dough
- Take your cookie out of the over when risen and golden. Enjoy it while it’s hot and top with scoops of ice cream and a drizzle of sauce. Dig in!