Holly Hedge Christmas Shoebox Appeal
November 06, 2018
** UPDATE** We've decided to extend our opening hours for collection, meaning we'll be here to collect your shoeboxes for delivery up until Friday 21st December. Please visit us between 10-3 to make your donation - we hope to see you soon!
We're incredibly happy to be supporting Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary as our animal charity in conjunction with our Scoop's Ice Cream for Dogs. Holly Hedge provide shelter from harm and the promise of a brighter future to the hundreds of animals they see passing through their kennels every year.
About Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary
Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary is a local independent charity that rescues and rehomes unwanted, abandoned and often mistreated cats and dogs. They receive no funding from the government or National Lottery and rely on the generosity and goodwill of their supporters to keep the kennel and cattery doors open.
Holy Hedge costs approximately £616,000 every year to run – that’s over £1,687 each and every single day. They rescue and rehome around 800 animals each year finding loving and responsible new homes for each and every one of them. At full capacity they can hold 40 dogs and over 100 cats, and while visiting Holly Hedge, the General Manager Sarah told us they're lucky if they aren't full.
What we can do to help
We will be promoting Holly Hedge throughout the year, and as a local charity we aim to help generate support from the farm. Their Christmas Shoebox Appeal is a fantastic way to directly support the sanctuary this year. All they ask is for you to fill up a shoebox with dog or cat related products that you can donate. If you would like to support Holly Hedge with a box (or two or three) we'll be collecting your shoeboxes and dropping them down to Holly Hedge.
Come to our office up until Thursday 13th of December between 10-4 on weekdays to drop your boxes off. Please note, we advise you to park in our car park and remember we are a working farm and unable to open our parlour doors. For full information please see their Facebook event's page. Here's a list of their favourite things for this year's appeal:
- Chew toys and treats; small training treats; natural treats like pigs eats, antler bars and chews
- Non xylitol peanut butter, Primula Cream Cheese spread (in Tube), Hot Dogs in cans or tins
- Tinned dog food - either loaf or jelly (no gravy please) preferred brands or similar Lily's Kitchen, Pedigree, Butchers, Winalot etc Tinned/Sachet Cat/Kitten Food - In jelly (no Gravy please) preferred brands Whiskas, Felix, High Quality such as Applaws, Natures Diet etc
- Hypoallergenic or Grain Free Cat/Kitten Dry food such as James well beloved/ Royal Canin/ Harringtons, Wainwrights Lily's Kitchen, Applaws (basically any dry food that does not contain colouring’s)
- Cat Treats, toys and games.
- Non food things like lick-e-mats, and we love interactive feeders to such as Kongs or Snuffle Mats.
- Please do NOT donate: rawhide treats, toys with eyes that can come out and no Dry Dog food.